RNDr. David Pokluda, Ph.D.
- Very strong C++ and C# skills. Spent over 12 years developing various desktop and distributed applications using C++ and other technologies like MFC, COM, ATL, etc. Ten years ago moved completely to .NET Framework and C#. As a senior software developer and .NET specialist I have designed and implemented various components and services leveraging .NET technologies in business applications (CRM, ERP, etc.) and web services (REST, Azure, WCF, AppFabric caching services, SQL Server) that scales to serve over 700 million customers.
- Very strong X++ (Microsoft Dynamics AX) skills. Designed and implemented test and integration frameworks in Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system using X++ language.
- Strong in architecture. Responsible for design and implementation of various components and services. While working in IXOS/OpenText responsible for delivering architectural concepts of the developed products and compilation of the engineering roadmap. Familiar with UML and modern development methodologies like eXtreme Programming, Test Driven Development, Refactoring and Design Patterns. Implemented Test Driven Development approach as the main development methodology in various Microsoft teams.
- Strong Internet skills. When worked at Monster and POKLUDA developed several Internet/Intranet applications on IIS using ASP and ASP.NET with business logic developed in C++ and C#, and with data layer on Microsoft SQL Server. At Microsoft designed and implemented delivery service built on top of cloud services (Azure Storage) and exposing REST web services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. While working for EIITE supported customers using various Microsoft technologies on a daily basis. I had to listen to customers' problems, troubleshoot them, and communicate my findings back to them. I used both phone and e-mail to communicate with my customers.
- My educational background gives me good analytic and logical abilities that are very important for solution development and project management.
Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, U.S.A., since December 2009
Title: Senior Software Design Engineer Type of Applications: web services
- Responsible for designing and implementing backend service (data layer and business layer) for publishing content in delivery service (Windows and Phone Update, Windows application store, Phone application store, etc.). Designing and implementing the new service for scale and reliability - using cloud services like Azure Starage, REST based web API, etc.
- Responsible for the main client web service used for Windows Update with over 700.000.000 connected users. Patent pending - Distribution of Portions of Content (Microsoft docket number MS 334039.01).
- Responsible for designing and implementing backend web service and backend cache infrastructure for Windows application store. Patent pending - Updating Software Components Through Online Stores (Microsoft docket number 339374.02).
- Working mainly on the backend infrastructure utilizing Azure Storage, SQL Server, AppFabric Caching Services, REST based web services, WCF web services and business logic written in C#.
Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, U.S.A., June 2007 - December 2009
Title: Software Design Engineer Type of Applications: application integration, LOB connectivity; SharePoint storage services
- Responsible for designing and implementing connectivity layer from Office client applications and Office server (SharePoint services) to various Line of business applications (LOB). The connectivity layer was build on top of Business data catalog (BDC) and LOBi platform to enable online as well as offline scenarios for LOB connectivity.
- Implemented the above mentioned architecture/design for connectivity to SAP and Siebel systems.
- Received Gold Star Award in 2008.
- Since January 2009 member of the Windows SharePoint Server Storage and Perf team, responsible for Remote Blob Storage integration (RBS) in SharePoint 2010 (version 4.0) and upgrade performance.
Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052,
U.S.A., November 2005 - June 2007
Title: Software Design Engineer Type of Applications: Application Integration
- Responsible for designing and implementing data import framework in Microsoft Dynamics AX. The core of the new import framework is built around XML and XSLT. Non-XML data formats are handled using custom .NET transformations accessible from Dynamics AX using CLR interop.
- Responsible for Microsoft Dynamics AX core components in application integration framework (AIF) - services like Messaging gateway: Inbound gateway service, Outbound gateway service; Document services: Gateway queue, Inbound processing service, Request processor, Outbound processing service; and Integration layer: Document broker, Send service.
- Responsible for implementing Web Service adapter in Dynamics AX messaging gateway communicating with customer's Web Services (outgoing web service scenario).
- Responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of the core framework in Microsoft Dynamics AX dev. automation. The framework became later a feature released with Dynamics AX 4.0 product. Patent issued - Test automation for business applications (Microsoft docket number 317809.01, Patent no. 8,074,204 granted on 12/6/2011).
- Received Gold Star Award in 2006.
- Received Microsoft MBS Innovation Sandbox Award in 2006.
Microsoft Business Solutions, Frydenlunds Alle 6, 2950 Vedbaek,
Denmark, October 2004 -- October 2005
Title: Lead, Software Design Engineer / Test Type of Applications: Test automation frameworks and tools
- Lead of Axapta Test Infrastructure and Tools team. The team's deliverables are X++ Test Automation Framework (XPF), Test Case Editor (TCE), and many other support tools like Search and Replace for XPF and TCE to handle changing control names in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of X++ Test Automation Framework (XPF) for Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 and Axapta 3.0. Also responsible for delivering the quick specification, design specification and white paper describing the framework. When implemented, trained all SDE/Ts within Axapta test organization to use XPF. Patent pending - Enterprise resource planning system test framework (Microsoft docket number 313211.01).
- Responsible for design and implementation of a unit test framework for Microsoft Dynamics AX (XUnit). The framework is going to be part of the released Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 product and it will probably be available for Axapta 3.0 as an optional free download. As a lead developer also responsible for coordination of development efforts between Redmond and Vedbaek sites.
- Responsible for running and maintaining Microsoft Dynamics AX test automation Wiki and Blog sites.
- Leading engineering study group covering various software development topics like extreme programming, test driven development, application design, design patterns, etc. Members of the groups are from Vedbaek as well as Redmond side of the Microsoft Dynamics AX test organization. One of the outcome from the study group is that the whole Test Infrastructure team switched to test driven development and XUnit was developed.
- Responsible for technical part of Axapta Persona Based Testing prototype.
Eurotel, Vyskocilova 1442/1B, 14021 Praha 4, Czech Republic,
March 2004 -- September 2004
Title: Senior IT Specialist for .NET technologies Type of Applications: CRM and billing systems
- Eurotel is the largest provider of wireless voice and data services in the Czech Republic. In 2003, Eurotel not only maintained, but further reinforced its leading position on the Czech telecommunications and mobile market, having registered a record number of almost 4,215,000 customers in its network as at the end of the year. Eurotel GSM (900/1800 MHz) and T!P (450 MHz) networks cover 99 percent of the Czech Republic's more than 10 million residents.
- As .NET specialist I am responsible for .NET concepts and architecture within the company. I also actively participate on .NET development of the core CRM and billing applications utilizing .NET framework and Microsoft Business Framework.
Monster Technologies, Vaclavske namesti, Praha 1, Czech
Republic, January 2004 -- February 2004
Title: Senior Software Developer Type of Applications: Internet application
- Founded in 1994, Monster has flourished to become the leading online careers and recruitment resource. With sites in 25 countries, Monster is continually changing and defining the way people look for jobs and the way employers look for people.
- As software developer responsible for design and development of components in Recruiter module of monster.com web site.
IXOS Software s.r.o., Sokolovska 77/79, 18600 Praha 8, Czech
Republic, 2002 - 2003
Title: Line Architect, Senior Developer Type of Applications: document management system (client tools)
IXOS Software is a worldwide leading provider of solutions for
the management of eBusiness documents in inter-enterprise system
environments. IXOS solutions enable companies to manage all their
eBusiness documents efficiently and integrate them seamlessly in
digital business processes.
Founded in Munich, Germany, in May 1988, IXOS has become an established player on the international market. IXOS has a presence on six continents, currently employing about 750 people and maintaining 32 sales offices in 17 countries.
- Responsible for the architectural concept of the products developed in Prague Engineering Line and the compilation of the Engineering Roadmap regarding the products of the Engineering Line. Developing technical specifications for the system and writing conceptual papers. Line Architect supports an Engineering Line Manager in estimating project efforts and cooperates with other Line Architects and with the Architecture and Innovation Department. Member of the Board of Architects held weekly in Munich, Germany.
- As a Senior Developer responsible for C++ development using Visual Studio .NET (mainly used technologies are: C++, MFC, COM, ATL, UML).
- IXOS Software is a worldwide leading provider of solutions for the management of eBusiness documents in inter-enterprise system environments. IXOS solutions enable companies to manage all their eBusiness documents efficiently and integrate them seamlessly in digital business processes.
EIITE s.r.o. (European Institute of IT Education), Sv. Cecha 1,
70200 Ostrava, Czech Republic, 1998 - 2002
Title: developers consultant, technical support, and lecturer Type of Applications: desktop and distributed applications
- EIITE is a leading company in IT education and support in the Czech Republic. The company is recognized as Microsoft Certified Solution Provider, Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center, Novell Service Partner, Novell Authorized Education Center, Linux SuSE Training Partner, Sylvan Prometric Authorized Testing Center, GTSLearning Partner, and ZONER Software Authorized Training Center. The company offers courses for IT professionals and provides technical support for various IT products.
I dealt with tasks related to lecturing Microsoft Official
Curriculum (MOC) courses, especially courses for developers
(development tools from Microsoft):
Mastering MFC Fundamentals Using Microsoft Visual C++ 5 - MOC 1011
Mastering MFC Development Using Microsoft Visual C++ - MOC 786
Mastering MFC Development Using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 - MOC 1015
Mastering COM Development Using Visual C++ - MOC 1012
Mastering Web Application Development Using Microsoft Visual InterDev 6 MOC 1017
- I have actively collaborated on the preparation of new products in development tools courses, especially Visual Studio. NET. Along with these courses, I have prepared and lectured for the company an additional curriculum for teaching programming fundamentals in C and C++.
- Besides lecturing, I have participated in activities of the support department for client's software development and its implementations as a lead specialist for development.
POKLUDA (www.pokluda.cz), Nadrazni 62, 70200 Ostrava, Czech
Republic, 2000 - 2002
Title: developer, consultant, and owner Type of Applications: desktop and distributed applications (client/server), internet applications
One of the main clients is a pension fund Commercial Union. For
the client I have created these products:
Post Program for tracking and complete management of all incoming and outgoing mails. The program automates majority of tasks concerning mails. The program is available in server and client version - it means the users can work with the same data over the net. There is also a synchronization allowing different subsidiaries to share the data. The program allows the user to use internal database of Czech ZIP codes for correct and fast typing, and to automatically generate catalog of all companies. It also contains a module for printing postal receipts in the form usual in the Czech Republic.
Technologies: Visual C++, MFC, Access, DAO, SQL Server, ADO, XML, XSL, Help Workshop, InstallShield
Attendance Program for complex attendance management. The program automates majority of tasks concerning attendance. The program is available in server and client version - it means the users can work with the same data over the net. There is also a synchronization allowing different subsidiaries to share the data. It is able to generate many attendance reports - day reports, week reports, month reports, ... for an employee or a whole company.
Technologies: Visual C++, MFC, Access, DAO, SQL Server, ADO, XML, XSL, HTML, Help Workshop, InstallShield
CZConversion Very fast conversion program for conversion of Czech diacritics among many different code pages (Windows 1250, Latin-2, Kamenicky, ...) and for conversion of end-of-line characters (Windows, Linux, Macintosh, ...). The program supports drag-and-drop, conversion of more than one file at once, clipboard conversions, and is able to control the conversion over the command line switches.
Technologies: Visual C++, MFC, InnoSetup
CityCodes Program for browsing the official database of ZIP (Post Office) codes for the Czech Republic as delivered by the Czech Post (the database is included in the program).
Technologies: Visual C++, MFC, DAO, Access, FoxPro, InnoSetup
Other big client is a firm LMRHouse. For the firm I have created
TesterBV Program for analyzing technical state of mining cars. The program imports data from a testing robot. The input data are pure text files. The program analyzes the data according to many different physical aspects of the mining car and makes complex analysis of the car's state. It shows the results in the form of many different graphs and it also generates official protocols about the test and the car's state.
Technologies: Visual C++, MFC, Help Workshop, InstallShield
LMRSeznam Program for automating creation of invoices in Excel. The program allows users to select products and services from a customizable list of available products and services and generates the invoice.
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications, Office
www.lmr.cz Web presentation of the firm with a web server setup.
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Visual InterDev
Airport-Taxi Web presentation of the firm with a web server setup.
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Visual InterDev
BMA Web presentation of the firm with a web server setup.
Doctors Web presentations for medical doctors.
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Visual InterDev
Maticni Intranet web based portal and web presentation for Maticni high school.
- Many freeware products to popularize the company. These programs have become very popular all over the world (programs like InkMonitor, Dictionary, CZConvert, Conversion, CityCodes, Contacts, ... have more than thousand downloads per month) and are included on many commercial CD-ROMs and web servers.
J.PUR, Jugoslavska 35, 70030 Ostrava, Czech Republic,
Title: developer Type of Applications: desktop and distributed applications (client/server)
- J.PUR is a small company offering software development. One of the main clients is the Czech Savings Bank (a member of Erste Bank).
- I was an external employee of the firm in years 1995 - 1998. I was responsible for developing applications in Turbo Pascal, Borland C++ and FoxPro, and for administrating the Windows NT system.
I have participated on a big project for the Czech Savings Bank
(a member of Erste Bank).
Uroky Program for complex calculation of loan interests. The program is based on a client/server architecture. The program was divided into four independent components and one main interface for controlling the components. I was responsible for complete creation of all four components. The components calculate many different interests based on data entered by a user and data stored in the main data store.
Technologies: FoxPro, Borland C++
For the company I have also developed several support tools:
Start System A customizable tool for fast and easy starting of DOS programs (similar to Windows PIF files/shortcuts and Windows Start menu).
Technologies: Turbo Pascal
Install A customizable tool for creating install packages and for software installation. The program reads a script file (encrypted) and installs various applications according to the script file. Program consists of a script parser and an execution tool. Many applications were distributed using this installation tool.
Technologies: Borland C++
CZConv Very fast command line conversion tool for conversion of Czech diacritics among many different code pages.
Technologies: Borland C++
Bank One U.S.A., 713 Brooksedge Plaza Dr., Columbus, OH. 43271,
U.S.A., May - Oct. 1995
Title: developer Type of Applications: desktop database
- The company is a big bank in the United States of America. I have been employed at POS services in Columbus.
I was primarily responsible for the design, development, and
installation of several different projects utilizing database
software for personal computers. For the company I have created
Mail Project Program for tracking all outgoing and returned mails. The program consists of several databases: Merchant database includes all information about merchants, Mail database includes all information about sent and returned mails, and the third database is a joint database for analyzing the stored data (many different reports can be generated using this joint database). The program consists also from a module for creating custom reports, and a module for generating letters to merchants.
Technologies: Lotus Approach
CESdata Program for tracking sales of each sales representative. The program is based on a client/server architecture. The CESdata are stored on a server and accessed from a client machine. The program consists of several databases: CESdata database includes all information about merchants, Sales database includes all information about sales persons and their ID numbers, and Login database includes all login information for the system. Program includes a module for generating many sales reports (CES reports for each regional office, CES reports for each representative, daily contracts report, the report of entered applications, the report for MSC).
Technologies: Lotus Approach
SiteInspections A support utility for managing merchants and all the information about them.
Technologies: Lotus Approach
Maticni gymnazium, Dr. Smerala 25, 72804 Ostrava, Czech
Republic, 1995 - 1997 and since 2001
Title: consultant, administrator Type of Applications: desktop applications, Internet applications
- Maticni gymnazium is a high school in the Czech Republic.
- I was responsible for teaching IT classes, for administrating 30 computer net (DOS, Windows 9x, Windows NT, MacOS).
BankOne U.S.A., Columbus, OH, September 1994
Origin U.S.A., Columbus, OH, August 1994
software company, computers
Six Flags Great America U.S.A., Chicago, IL, July 1994
amusement park, food service
Karl Schnell Germany, Creglingen, July 1993, July 1992
MASO-PROFIT, Prague, July 1991
marketing, clerical work
Mathematical Institute of Silesian University in Opava,
Bezrucovo nam. 13, 74601 Opava, Czech Republic, 1991 - 2001
- Ph.D. degree in 2001 in mathematical analysis (discrete dynamical systems and chaos). During the studies I have published papers in English, had talks on international conferences, and led seminars. Grade: Excellent. [abstract]
- Doctoral degree (RNDr.) in 1999 in mathematical analysis (discrete dynamical systems and chaos). Grade: Excellent.
- Master of Science (Mgr.), graduated in 1996 in mathematical analysis (discrete dynamical systems and chaos). Grade: Excellent.
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), and
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Corp., One
Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA, U.S.A.,
1999 - 2002
- In 2002 I received the "certificate of excellence" from Microsoft for analyzing requirements and defining solution architectures. Grade: 85%
- In 2001 I received the "certificate of excellence" from Microsoft for designing and implementing web solutions using Visual InterDev. Grade: 88%
- In 2001 I received the "certificate of excellence" from Microsoft for designing and implementing distributed applications using Visual C++. Grade: 82%
- In 2001 I received the "certificate of excellence" from Microsoft for designing and implementing desktop applications using Visual C++. Grade: 84%
- In 1999 I received the "certificate of excellence" from Microsoft for developing applications with C++ using the Microsoft Foundation Class Library. Grade: 88%
Effective Manager, Integrity Consulting, Antala Staska 1565/30,
14200 Praha, Czech Republic2003
- covered topics: manager's profile, presentations, effective meetings, communication, time management
Czech - native
English - fluent
Russian - good
German - basic
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) & Microsoft Certified
- analyzing requirements and defining solution architectures (major subjects: analyzing requirements, defining the technical architecture, developing the conceptual and logical design, developing data models, designing a user interface and user services, deriving the physical design). (Exam: 70-100, Grade: 85%)
- designing and implementing distributed applications using Visual C++ (major subjects: Visual C++, MFC, DCOM, ATL, Transaction Server, OLE DB, ODBC, SQL Server, ...). (Exam: 70-015, Grade: 82%)
- designing and implementing desktop applications using Visual C++ (major subjects: Visual C++, MFC, COM, ATL, ADO, DAO, ...). (Exam: 70-016, Grade: 84%)
- developing applications with Visual C++ and MFC (major subjects: Visual C++, MFC, Data Storage, System Registry, Debugging, GDI, User Interface, Installation, Application Architecture, ODBC, Win32 API, RPC, ...). (Exam: 70-024, Grade: 88%)
- Mensa International
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- MSDN Professionals (members helping members)
- Technet Professionals
- D. Pokluda, J. Smital, An omega-limit set universal function on [0,1], Real Analysis Exchange, 24 (1998/1999), 109 - 110.
- D. Pokluda, On the structure of sets of transitive points for continuous maps of the interval , Real Analysis Exchange, 25 (1999/2000), 45 - 48. [preprint]
- D. Pokluda, J. Smital, A "universal" dynamical system generated by a continuous map of the interval , Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 128 (2000), 3047 - 3056. [preprint]
- D. Pokluda, On the transitive and omega-limit points of the continuous mappings of the circle , Archivum Math. 38 (2002), 49 - 52. [preprint]
- D. Pokluda, Characterization of omega-limit sets of continuous maps of the circle , Comment. Math. Univ. Carolinae 43 (2002), 575 - 581. [preprint]
Quotations By Other Authors
- M. Malek, Omega-limit sets for continuous circle maps Preprint Series in Mathematical Analysis, Silesian University, Opava.
- 1st Czech - Slovak Conference on Dynamical Systems, LiptovskÄ‚Ë Trnovec, Slovakia, May 31 - June 4, 1997. Talk on: "A universal continuous function."
- 26th Winter School in Abstract Analysis, Kristanovice, Czech Republic, January, 23 - 29, 1998. Talk on: "A universal continuous function."
- 2nd Czech - Slovak Conference on Dynamical Systems, LiptovskÄ‚Ë Trnovec, Slovakia, May 7 - 10, 1998. Talk on: "An omega-limit set of universal function on [0,1]."
- European Conference on Iteration Theory - ECIT 98, Muszyna, Poland, August 30 - September 5, 1998. Invitation. Talk on: "A universal dynamical system generated by a continuous map of the interval."
- 23th Summer Symposium in Real Analysis, Lodz, Poland, June 21 - 26, 1999. Talk on: "On the structure of transitive points."
- 3rd Czech - Slovak Conference on Dynamical Systems, LiptovskÄ‚Ë Trnovec, Slovakia, September 23 - 29, 1999. Talk on: "On the structure of transitive points."
- 28th Winter School in Abstract Analysis, Kristanovice, Czech Republic, January 23 - 29, 2000
- 4th Czech - Slovak Conference on Dynamical Systems, Praded, Czech Republic, June 22 - 28, 2000. Talk on: "The set of points with a dense orbit."
- 29th Winter School in Abstract Analysis, Lhota nad Rohanovem, February 3 - 10, 2001. Talk on: "Characterization of omega-limit sets of continuous maps of the circle."